Theme of the Day: Italian Dishes
Recipe of the day: Stuffed Noodles
This is a recipe that I make quite frequently because...
BOTTOM LINE: It's Delicious!
I discovered the recipe somewhere online and I thought, "That sounds great.. I'll make it!"
See my husband has to be one of the most pickiest people to feed ever! He isn't much for Italian dishes but he loved it and now all I hear is, "Hey.. when will you make those stuffed noodle things again?".
But anyways... Here it is... Stuffed Noodles.
- 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger
- 1 small onion (I usually do 1/4 cup chopped onions.)
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of basil
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 box of Manicotti Noodles
- 1 large (30 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 2 (6 oz.) cans of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Step by Step Instructions:
The Meat Mixture
- Brown the 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger then drain the grease out of it.
- Cut up the onion, then add the oregano, basil and cream of mushroom soup into the hamburger and mix it together.
- Boil the box of Manicotti Noodles by the instructions on the box then let cool.
- Stuff your Manicotti Noodles with the meat mixture you've just prepared...
- Then you lay your stuffed noodles into a 9x13 pan.
(Side note.. I find its easier to slide to the meat mixture inside the noodle with a butter knife by holding the cooled off noodle in your hand while doing it.)
Next: The Mixture you pour on top of your stuffed noodles.
- In a bowl, Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, sugar and pepper and warm thoroughly ( I use to the microwave for this part.)
- Next, Pour the mixture over your stuffed noodles.
- After you poured the sauce mixture over the noodles, lay the mozzarella cheese slices over it.
This recipe is quite time consuming but it's worth it!